Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I don't practice BJJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why I don't practice BJJ

    Too much sport aspect to it, not enough combative fighting as Kung Fu. In my opinion.

    Although thee are many good techniques in BJJ.

  • #2
    I guess i should clarify.

    I can and have and will learn techniques from all styles. But I would nt go full time learning in BJJ.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TigerClaw View Post
      Too much sport aspect to it, not enough combative fighting as Kung Fu. In my opinion.

      Although thee are many good techniques in BJJ.
      TigerClaw,

      I just have two questions for you...

      You are aware that stylist from this sport, kick so called traditional kung fu stylist butt all the time, aren't you?

      And...

      How can you prove kung fu is superior in combat, when it can't even compete in sport?


      jeff

      Comment


      • #4
        I've tried to tell you about this guy...

        Comment


        • #5
          1. There's no way I believe TigerClown ever practiced BJJ, so the thread title is laughable.

          2. If you have studied BJJ this thread still isn't relevant in the CMA forums; there is a forum for discussing BJJ specifically.

          3. I got a big kick out of the way you're mimicking my thread title- it says a lot about your insecurity.

          Comment


          • #6
            Jubaji and I know TigerClown from way back. Just ignore him and hope he'll go away which won't happen, or just pile the truth on him so hard he'll leave. That's what happened in other forums. He lost all credibility when his own bullshit got to such high levels that he was tripping over his own lies.

            Comment


            • #7
              To all,

              Dob't listen to Ben Grimm, he has been proven a liar many times over.

              I was banned from one site by a childish moderator who couldn't answer back my questions put to him. he pushed his control over others wen he was challenged.

              read my bottom quote, it is from a person on that site.

              Ben is a mocker and very rude at times. he followed me in here to continue his attack.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sagacious Lu View Post
                3. I got a big kick out of the way you're mimicking my thread title- it says a lot about your insecurity.
                No it say alot about your insecurity by attacking Kung Fu.

                It is not a matter of insecurity with me,I still believe that most styles have something to offer. i am just honest why I would not go indepth training in BJJ, I look for the combative aspects and fighting that will stop the attacker very quick, without going to the ground. If i have to go to the ground there are many Kung Fu techniques that will end it fast.

                Also when attacked by two or more attackers, ground fighting may not be the wisest route.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jmd161 View Post
                  TigerClaw,

                  I just have two questions for you...

                  You are aware that stylist from this sport, kick so called traditional kung fu stylist butt all the time, aren't you?

                  And...

                  How can you prove kung fu is superior in combat, when it can't even compete in sport?
                  jeff
                  Maybe its because alot of the techniques in kung fu aren't for sport. Maybe thats why other styles such as BJJ beats a kung fu person in sport. If you take away the techniques in kung fu that would enable him/her to win then how can they compete? I'm talking about strikes to the throat, temple, groin, eyes, ears, etc.... Kung fu has some techniques that can be dangerous that aren't permitted to be used in sport due to rules and regulations. To say that grappling arts are superior than kung fu because they dominate sport events where other styles compete is only accurate when speaking of sport events not real combat. Also, it's not about the art, it's about the person doing the art and thier skill level.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JadeDragon View Post
                    Maybe its because alot of the techniques in kung fu aren't for sport. Maybe thats why other styles such as BJJ beats a kung fu person in sport. If you take away the techniques in kung fu that would enable him/her to win then how can they compete? I'm talking about strikes to the throat, temple, groin, eyes, ears, etc.... Kung fu has some techniques that can be dangerous that aren't permitted to be used in sport due to rules and regulations.


                    Ok, so where are all these kungfu folks beating the snot out of everyone outside of sport?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JadeDragon View Post
                      Maybe its because alot of the techniques in kung fu aren't for sport. Maybe thats why other styles such as BJJ beats a kung fu person in sport. If you take away the techniques in kung fu that would enable him/her to win then how can they compete? I'm talking about strikes to the throat, temple, groin, eyes, ears, etc.... Kung fu has some techniques that can be dangerous that aren't permitted to be used in sport due to rules and regulations. To say that grappling arts are superior than kung fu because they dominate sport events where other styles compete is only accurate when speaking of sport events not real combat. Also, it's not about the art, it's about the person doing the art and thier skill level.


                      I'm really starting to question the level of experience and skill of some of the so called experienced kung fu stylist on this forum. They make the same argument as a novice kung fu stylist. We are supposed to believe They can pull off killer techniques, when they can't even fight without striking the throat, eyes or groin?

                      This is what I mean about people trying to argue for kung fu and making it look even more foolish. To say you can't fight without striking those areas shows that this person has no experience in using their kung fu as well as actual fighting experience. I agree kung fu was not created for sport, but real combat, but not every strike within kung fu are "The Deadly" like many kung fu stylist want you to believe. I'll help your argument by admitting that the rules within MMA eliminate many techniques that kung fu favor, but that doesn't mean the kung fu stylist is now weaponless.

                      What it does show is that too many of you rely on just a handful of so called finishing techniques that you have never even attempted, to base your fighting off. This is the biggest problem with kung fu people... thinking they can pull off throat strikes, eye pokes and groin attacks in a combat situation, when they can't even throw a proper punch in a sport situation. Too many believe they can win with techniques they've never tried, and find out when they reach for these same techniques they aren't nearly as easy to pull off as they thought.


                      jeff

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jmd161 View Post
                        I'm really starting to question the level of experience and skill of some of the so called experienced kung fu stylist on this forum.



                        You got that right.




                        Thanks for adding good and reasonable posts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jmd161 View Post
                          I'm really starting to question the level of experience and skill of some of the so called experienced kung fu stylist on this forum. They make the same argument as a novice kung fu stylist. We are supposed to believe They can pull off killer techniques, when they can't even fight without striking the throat, eyes or groin?

                          This is what I mean about people trying to argue for kung fu and making it look even more foolish. To say you can't fight without striking those areas shows that this person has no experience in using their kung fu as well as actual fighting experience. I agree kung fu was not created for sport, but real combat, but not every strike within kung fu are "The Deadly" like many kung fu stylist want you to believe. I'll help your argument by admitting that the rules within MMA eliminate many techniques that kung fu favor, but that doesn't mean the kung fu stylist is now weaponless.

                          What it does show is that too many of you rely on just a handful of so called finishing techniques that you have never even attempted, to base your fighting off. This is the biggest problem with kung fu people... thinking they can pull off throat strikes, eye pokes and groin attacks in a combat situation, when they can't even throw a proper punch in a sport situation. Too many believe they can win with techniques they've never tried, and find out when they reach for these same techniques they aren't nearly as easy to pull off as they thought.


                          jeff
                          I was sparring with a master the other day in the Seven Star Praying mantist style and alot of the techniques we use are not just poking and attacking the vitals. It has to do with grappling and locking and shifting balance. There are many wonderful close quarter techniques that can be used.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TigerClaw View Post
                            There are many wonderful close quarter techniques that can be used.

                            "Can be used?" How about "are used?"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TigerClaw View Post
                              I was sparring with a master the other day in the Seven Star Praying mantist style and alot of the techniques we use are not just poking and attacking the vitals. It has to do with grappling and locking and shifting balance. There are many wonderful close quarter techniques that can be used.
                              This is indeed true, but too many schools don't spend enough time working on such techniques! Most kung fu schoosl including some of my former schools worked on flashy techniques that were changed or altered to give them more appeal in tournaments. The problem lies in too many people not knowing what to look for or being scared to tell their sifu they want to learn how to fight, and not the tournament stuff.

                              Of course, then most sifu turn around and say " we don't teach the actual fighting applications until you have proven yourself " mumbo jumbo. Very few sifu actually know how to fight these days because they never trained to fight while learning and have never fought using what they've learned all those yrs.

                              jeff

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X