jkd tattoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jkd tattoo

i have been seriously considering getting a tattoo of the jkd symbol on my back. do you think that this would be disrespectful to guru inosanto? or possibly the lee foundation would ask me to have it removed. (just kidding about the second one)

jkd relies on interpretation, after all

1. Tattoos are great.

2. In this case, if you want to wear your identity on your sleeve (or wherever) why not interpret it... abstract it, leave some mystery / take the thought and draft it differently. Seems more in keeping with the spirit of the art. But I'm talking about my taste here, too.

3. Disrespectful? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by richardjkd
      i have been seriously considering getting a tattoo of the jkd symbol on my back. do you think that this would be disrespectful to guru inosanto? or possibly the lee foundation would ask me to have it removed. (just kidding about the second one)

I think it's "property" of the Nucleus and using it W/O permission would violate the law but since it's a TATOO you're obviously a rebel, I say go for it! I know a guy that has the symbol on his back already so you're not doing anything original. In fact his is almost transparant like a shadow or a scar, the "ghost" of the symbol. Like it was done without ink? I thought it was unusual enough to mention...

Comment

Originally posted by Tant01
        Like it was done without ink?
        Scarring maybe? I had a friend who had a few done this way.

Comment

Working...
        X