Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask A Thug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    hmm....

    Here's my two cent's: first lets agree that different situations call for different tactics. Example when I fought in the ring I used one set of tactics, when I was a bouncer( probably involved in at least 300 altercations, saw one murder) another set of tactics. When I lived on the street for 3 years another set of tactics. I saw alot of stabbings and robberies ect.) So in a jack move situation if the person is armed you're in trouble, if they are not and there is only one of them and you can't side step them or run then you better strike first strike hard no mercy sir hehe. The most common thing seen in the bar and on the street is the guy who hits first and keeps swinging for the fences usually catches the other guy and wins, both people try to grab each other and hit without getting hit, eventually someone either loses their ballance and ends up on the ground or someone puts the other person on the ground via a sloppy throw, or take down or tackle. Examples of street altercations I've seen: at lunch in a shelter, one guy stabbed another with a fork the other guy grabbbed him and body slammed him on a table lol. A guy attacked a guy in a wheel chair, the wheel chair guy launched himself out of the wheel chair and tackled the attacker and put him on the ground and stabbed him alot of times with a screw driver A guy owed money and got the back of a claw hammer buried in his skull. A guy got his neck sliced with a box cutter and ran spurting to the hospital thankfully it was only one block away. I have confidence in my abilities in the ring, I have confidence in my abilities to throw someone out of a bar. I have zero confidence in my ability to win a street fight if attacked by someone who is skilled at street fighting and is a hard core criminal(think of the peolle on national geo graphic special or on msnbc's lock up) Also alot of the knife atttacks I've seen ddin't work out for the attacker, the defender was able to get a hold of the attackers arm and pin the weapon up against a fence or wall. They got stabbed or cut but not to badly. These people were people that had been attacked by knives in prison before and had neck and stomach scars to prove it so that really helped them out, way moree than any training I think.

    Comment


    • #17
      For self defense in the street I practice straight blasts for striking: example 1-2 to the head like 3-6 times as hard and fast as you can or 1-2-3-4 two times as hard and fast as you can. Then come elbows, head butts and slamining the person into any wall, furniture ect.
      Look at the guys work out on the bag in the joint you see on tv, they just throw all head shots fast and hard without stopping because they want to do the most damage a.s.a.p. bam bam bam bam bam, you're done or stunned and on the ground being kicked in the face and stomped. Or think of how many mma fights where a good striker get's ko'd by a lousy striker who throws punches at wierd angles and not in the classic boxing/kicboxing way. So I think our training in boxing/ kickboxing/mma training falls short in some regards.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Blue Wave Gym View Post
        The most common thing seen in the bar and on the street is the guy who hits first and keeps swinging for the fences usually catches the other guy and wins, both people try to grab each other and hit without getting hit, eventually someone either loses their ballance and ends up on the ground or someone puts the other person on the ground via a sloppy throw, or take down or tackle.
        absolutely the same, I described in the other thread. that's how it happens. they punch and grab each other, until one of them falls. then go the head kicks

        Originally posted by Blue Wave Gym View Post
        I have zero confidence in my ability to win a street fight if attacked by someone who is skilled at street fighting and is a hard core criminal
        actually, it is a popular myth that criminals have their own street super style. all the criminals I know are training the same boxing, wrestling. actually, most are fighting a mix of boxing, wrestling. it is the most common street style. and I have no idea how good should be a criminal at fighting, if he can fight better then a professional, while still drinking every day

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Blue Wave Gym View Post
          So I think our training in boxing/ kickboxing/mma training falls short in some regards.
          again, I disagree

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Tokyo Kid View Post
            I've noticed in many of these threads there is a lot of hypothetical assumptions on the abilities or intentions of thieves, muggers, junkies, and other assorted low-lifes. Most of it is wrong. I guess it's mostly because much of the "experience" of self-defence instructors is based on what they see on television or movies, or what they learned from other martial artists.

            One of the most tired assumption is "most street kids can't fight", and how they "will most inevitably throw a haymaker". Well you had better hope so, because if the lil' banger decides to loosen you up with a jab into a flurry of straight head shots, looks like all you got from krotty lessons is a set of comfy PJs.

            Maybe I can help. I was once a thug. A petty thief. Gang member. Drug dealer. But just so we're clear on this, that was in the past, and I've payed my debt to society. So you can use this opportunity to learn, or you can waste it by tsk-tsking and finger-wagging.

            If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
            do you buy it

            this boy is a bitch

            aahahaahahhahahahahahaahhaahahhahahaa

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by AREAL View Post
              do you buy it

              this boy is a bitch

              aahahaahahhahahahahahaahhaahahhahahaa

              Yawn... He came here to HELP clear up the misconceptions associated with violence initiated by criminals, drug dealers and gang bangers. I have no doubt that a guy like him would OWN you and make you his virtual bitch boy.



              Three things aside from Martial art training that make these guys dangerous is one; deception. If they need to get closer than a drive by to kill you they will almost always use a trick to close the gap. To make sure your defenses are down before they strike.

              Another is ambush. There is relatively little any of us can do when caught off guard by overwhelming force. And lastly they almost always have a weapon of some sort.

              So, prepare to meet him. Make peace with your god, enjoy your life and have a plan to kill anyone who crosses your path.

              The truth is MMA is an empty hand sport. In some cases it will serve you well in a typical "street fight" Sadly it can also fall short regardless of the late great GRAND Master Helio Gracie's claim that BJJ is a bullet proof shield....

              It's not.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                Yawn... He came here to HELP clear up the misconceptions associated with violence initiated by criminals, drug dealers and gang bangers. I have no doubt that a guy like him would OWN you and make you his virtual bitch boy.


                aahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahaa

                I would own that bitchass anytime

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                  Three things aside from Martial art training that make these guys dangerous is one; deception. If they need to get closer than a drive by to kill you they will almost always use a trick to close the gap. To make sure your defenses are down before they strike.

                  Another is ambush. There is relatively little any of us can do when caught off guard by overwhelming force. And lastly they almost always have a weapon of some sort.
                  this will never work if he is blind

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                    Yawn... He came here to HELP
                    that boy is a snitch

                    aahaahahhahahahaahhahaahhahahaahhahaahahahaha

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                      violence initiated by criminals, drug dealers and gang bangers.
                      that have nothing to do with martial arts

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                        I have no doubt
                        perhaps, if he will use deception, ambush, weapon. but since he would be blind, I would be just a random someone. do you think, I can't arrange a meeting at the place, where murder is impossible. you are naive

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                          Make peace with your god
                          I am an atheist

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                            and have a plan to kill anyone who crosses your path.
                            I am against killings

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                              The truth is MMA is an empty hand sport. In some cases it will serve you well in a typical "street fight" Sadly it can also fall short regardless of the late great GRAND Master Helio Gracie's claim that BJJ is a bullet proof shield....

                              It's not.
                              it was said methaphorically, perhaps

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
                                I have no doubt
                                also, there are no dirty strikes when it is unarmed fight. when that bitchass is armed, that snitch boy deserves no fair fight. I have a lot of dirty tricks, that will flash him up in the croud, still leaving him blind

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X