Evil black rifles...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil black rifles...

It must be a disease? I recently bought a little ar-15 from a buddy up the road. Took it out for some plinking over the weekend and decided to ditch the budget holo sight in favor of a scope. It's not quite legal to hunt with because of the tiny little bullets so I stepped up to a Sig Saur 716 (.308) In about eight more days I'll be sending 7.62 down range! Big fun!
    SIG716 Patrol Rifle

Nice! I'm hoping to get some land so that I can go out an play.

Comment

The AR-15 has a Nikon P223 on it now and I went and got a new .450 bushmaster upper for it. It's a beast! The AR-10 is out of gun jail and in my hands. I ordered a dedicated lower for the .450 instead of swapping the parts to switch guns. I'm telling you it's a real sickness EF.

Comment

Nice little rifle there.

Comment

KOTF! It's not so little any more! The 5.56 mm (.223) wasn't doing it for me so I bumped it with a new .450 upper!

Before the .308 came in I was banging 250 Gr. .45 cal. @2200 fps. out of my AR-15.

Hornady 450 Bushmaster - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
            It's not quite legal to hunt with because of the tiny little bullets so I stepped up to a Sig Saur 716 (.308) In about eight more days I'll be sending 7.62 down range! Big fun!
            Hey Tanto, is the "tiny little bullet thing" a California thing? if so what are restrictions in your state?

As long as it is centerfire in Texas we can hunt with it.

Comment

You are right. Here any center fire with soft nose or expanding bullets is legal for big game. All my 223 ammo is FMJ and I just don't want to use it for deer or bear. (Good excuse to buy more black rifles?) :P LOL

Originally posted by GonzoStyles View Post
              Hey Tanto, is the "tiny little bullet thing" a California thing? if so what are restrictions in your state?

As long as it is centerfire in Texas we can hunt with it.

Comment

Lighter bullets can be very effective, ever heard of Karamojo Bell ?

Walter D.M. Bell, aka Karamojo Bell (1881-1951)

Comment

Yep. One of my favorite hunting guns was a .25-06. I've been using my 7mm rem mag for years. Nice flat shooters both.

Originally posted by GonzoStyles View Post
                  Lighter bullets can be very effective, ever heard of Karamojo Bell ?

Walter D.M. Bell, aka Karamojo Bell (1881-1951)

Comment

Um... how does a sharp tongue hunt around here lately?

Comment

Geez, I kinda thought I might get some response...

Comment

Working...
                      X