Wrestling as martial art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingoftheforest View Post
    That's true but I'm not a big fan of suicide throws. I've seen Judo properly done and people thrown very hard to the ground..

Judo is not 'improperly done' when the thrower goes to the ground as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jubaji View Post
      I didn't say it was improperly done if the thrower goes to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by jubaji View Post
        I didn't say it was improperly done if the thrower goes to the ground.
        Sacrifice throws are desperate attempts at scoring a point in competition. and they can work well. I especially enjoy the illegal for competition joint lock throws and landing on hyper extended limbs. Or you could just stomp it? In the old Judo kata you can find the influence that certain masters and students of Aikido have given to the Kodokan.

That's "Judo"

Comment

Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
          Or you could just stomp it? In the old Judo kata you can find the influence that certain masters and students of Aikido have given to the Kodokan.

That's "Judo"

extend, twist, stomp.

Comment

extend, twist, stomp.
            "Stomp" tends to lead one to using the foot or heal or boot but really any weapon can be multiplied a bit by gravity. Wish I'd see more of stomp on a foot in the so called cage or octagon? Where are all the missed opportunities within the "rules"??? Clinch "this"

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
              "Stomp" tends to lead one to using the foot or heal or boot but really any weapon can be multiplied a bit by gravity. Wish I'd see more of stomp on a foot in the so called cage or octagon? Where are all the missed opportunities within the "rules"??? Clinch "this"

LOL
              I like to scrap the shin on the way to the foot stomp. It tends to lean the opponent into the head strike thats on its way.

Comment

extend, twist, stomp.
                Ideally the extending and twisting has already made stomping? I'm fond of knee dropping on twisted limbs...ribs... other organs...

Comment

Boxing as a mix martial arts

Comment

Working...
                  X