Ngo Cho Kun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngo Cho Kun

Any here knows Ngo Cho Kun? Let's discuss it..

This is a very interesting subject.....
    I'm not doing Ngo Cho Kun but may learn it later in the Philippines. Are you studying it in south east Asia?

Are you familiar with the Ngo Cho Kun body conditioning exercises?

Mabuhay ang filipino Silat at Arnis.

Comment

Conditioning and learning how to minimize the effect of blows seems to be a very important part
      or Ngo Cho Kun training . A malaysian chinese once told me it was 60% of his training.

I just wonder what kind of lotions-ointments you other filipino martial artists use?
      Do you know of some special pinoy stuff?

Comment

Time with Master Rickets...

I brought Master Christopher Ricketts to the states in 01. We went over the art a few days, but I wanted more FMA training so the focus was there and on Boxing with Do-dong...

Comment

hello chris
          I just wonder what kind of lotions-ointments you other filipino martial artists use?
          OMEGA..... i think thats the best linament....

which one do you use??

ive also been trying to track down a linament most muay thai boxers use.......
          iam starting to get shoulder problems.. rotator cuff.. hurts when i start punching for longer than 3 min also when i use the phone with my left hand the raised shoulder starts to hurt

hi eddie

what other stuff did noy topher show... did he mainly focus on illustrisimo system... also who is do dong? and why the focus on boxing is this part of his sagasa?????

thank you

terry

Comment

Hello terry,

I use tree ointments:

red tiger balm (just OK...)

snake wine (on shins before and after sparring)

stuff made from snake fat+herbs for joints, also for other problems...

Some people here told me about something very powerfull that I will try as soon as I get it.

It is called DIT DA JAO.

The people training Iron Palm use it but you will have to find the good one.
            The Wing Chun guys here got some from a White Crane grandmaster of Hong Kong but it is illegal to import to the UK and they have troubles bringing it here, it really works I know it from first hand.

Pesilat told me some chinese stores sell kits to make it, and you can also find the receipe on the web (but it takes time....)

iam starting to get shoulder problems.. rotator cuff..
            I had the same problem, could not even carry a bag home, best thing to do is to stop bag punching for a few months......

Thanks,
            Christian.

Comment

Practing Ngo Cho Kun strengthens almost all parts of the body, results are depending on how the practitioner practice the art. Some practitioner depends on internal power others are external. Some added deep breathing and tension while others don't.

I'll give you a summary...

What makes Ngo Cho Kun powerful and why some thought that practitioners uses some sort of equipment, ointment, or medicine?

All the trick is only based on deep stances and unique body tensioning exercises of the forms. Making a practitioner strong.

Mastering requires a life long practices and devotion.
              Last edited by yentao; 09-07-2003, 05:07 AM.

Comment

del
                Last edited by yentao; 09-07-2003, 05:08 AM.

Comment

know some one who can make the ointment here but most ingredients are found in China. There are some sold in Chinatown and before on Greenhills.
                  what is the ointment called?

i wonder is it is sold in alex co's martial arts store in greenhills?

Comment

I know some one who can make the ointment here but most ingredients are found in China.
                    Does this person sell it? Is ist Dit Da Jao?

Some practitioner depends on internal power others are external.
                    I did not that know there are different schools of Ngo Cho Kun and thought Alex Co is the G.M. of the system....

All the trick is only based on deep stances and unique body tensioning exercises of the forms. Making a practitioner strong.
                    This really sounds like Okinawan Karate.

I understand that you try to cross the bridge quickly to go into arm contact. Is there also sensitivity training like in Wing Chun? Do you think Ngo Cho Kun would combine well with W.C.?

Thanks,
                    Christian.

Comment

Ha
                      Last edited by yentao; 08-21-2003, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Hello Jentao,
                        I was just asking about Wing Chun because one of my friends in Manila is a personal student of Alex Co (although at the begining stage), and he advised me to learn WC
                        as there is no Ngo Cho Kun in my place......

Wing Chun are more easy to do though.
                        Do you mean technically? Or because of more intense internal training ? (WC is also internal based but few people know that).

I do not know much on chinese martial arts in Manila. Just heard about some peoples doing Hsing I, Tai Chi, and Alex Co's association.

I will come to Manila one month in August and see if I can learn it....

Thanks,
                        Christian.

Comment

Del
                          Last edited by yentao; 09-07-2003, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Hello yentao,

Ngo Cho Kun is harder because you have to do some jumps and deep stances also intense arm stretching also not quite typical like WC which quite simple in applications unlike other kung fu.
                            I am practicing traditional Arnis and traditional Silat therefore I think I could manage deep stances. I didn't know although there were many jumps in Ngo Cho Kun....
                            I rather thought this art is close quarter oriented.... as a fast attacking system that uses mainly hand techniques and few foot techniques...

I understand you NCK guys use lots of elbow-palm strikes when your opponents kicks, so TKD type fights must be easy for you....

By the way I am really interested in learning NCK. Some tsinoy-pinoy friends could recomend me to Alex, but as you said it would be better to learn with somebody mastering the wole system....
                            Do you know somebody who could teach me?

Thanks,
                            Christian.
                            Last edited by krys; 06-28-2003, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Hmmm...
                              Last edited by yentao; 06-29-2003, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X