Back to the Dohyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Dohyo

Well, despite a spate of scandals that have rocked the Sumo world, yet another tournament is upon us. The first day featured some great bouts.

Anyone else watching?

So, nobody?

Comment

This time 'round there is one wrestler from China in the upper ranks. He is doing fairly well.

Comment

Nobody? Too bad, many exciting elements to this tourney!

Comment

Originally posted by jubaji View Post
          This time 'round there is one wrestler from China in the upper ranks. He is doing fairly well.
          And he won again today.

Comment

*And a tumbleweed blows by*

Comment

Originally posted by pUke View Post
              *And a tumbleweed blows by*
              Oh, did you blow by?

Comment

Originally posted by Tant01
                I actually wish I could see these matches but my cable provider charges more than 100.00 bucks a month for those channels.

Details or a link to let me see Ju?

That's expensive. We have to pay an extra $25/mo to pick up TVJapan.

CIBERSUMO: Sumo news, basho results and rikishi info

More details to come...

Comment

LMAO!!!!

See jubidoo?

All it took was for me to comment on how sad and lonely you are and you friendly neighborhood mod came in to support your feeble efforts.

No need to thank me.

Comment

Aw, do you still need more attention, little bitch?

Any comment about the tournament while you're here, bitch?

Comment

Well, that wraps up another basho, and a momentus one it was indeed! The sole remaining Yokozuna Hakuho extended his undefeated streak to 62 matches in a row. This is an almost unimaginable feat. During this tournament he surpassed the record set by the great Yokozuna Chiyonofuji, and if he wins his first 8 matches in the next tournament in Kyushu he will break the all-time record set by Futabayama - the prewar Yokozuna known as "the god of Sumo." This record has long been assumed to be unreachable since scheduling and some rules have changed since then making it even more unlikely. Hakuho is on the verge of immortality in Sumo. This is also his 4th undefeated tournament win in a row, and his fourth year as the winningest rikishi in Sumo - both records. It's like being alive when Babe Ruth was playing baseball. Amazing days.

There were other interesting and notable aspects to this tournament. More to come...

Comment

Originally posted by jubi jubi doo View Post
                        Well, that wraps up another basho, and a momentus one it was indeed! The sole remaining Yokozuna Hakuho extended his undefeated streak to 62 matches in a row. This is such a boring feat. During this tournament he surpassed the record set by the great Yokozuna Chiyonofuji, and if he can stop illegally gambling in Kyushu he will bore even more people to sleep than Futabayama - the prewar Yokozuna known as "the Gayest of Sumo." This record has long been assumed to be unreachable since few gave a fcuk and some rules have changed since then making it even more unlikely. Hakuho is on the verge of getting diabetes. This is also his 4th undefeated tournament win in a row, and his fourth year as the most beautifulest rikishi in Sumo - both records. It's like being alive when Mickey Rourke boxed. Amazing days.

There were no other interesting and notable aspects to the tournament. More to bore...
                        That sounds more like it.

Comment

Do you have anything to add, pUke? Did you watch the tournament?

Comment

I have as much to add as you did to the blade topic, jubidoo.

Comment

Did you watch the tournament? Read about it? Anything to add?

Comment

Working...
                              X