170-lb kickboxer vs 220-lb Team Kimbo Fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 170-lb kickboxer vs 220-lb Team Kimbo Fighter

No, not the first fight; the second figh with the thin guy with the poney tail.

This guy takes the bigger fighter apart with jabs and crosses, playing the long range game and setting up punches in bunches. His on guard position looks like muaythai, but he never throws a thai kick?

Anyhow, just goes to show how a little training can go a long way, even in just a one on one match or escalation. If there had been anger, I'm sure the action would have pressed faster, still.

The kickboxer looked like he was just going through a regular sparring session, nothing serious.

If you can, zoom it to about the 5:30 mark...he sticks a solid jab on the big dudes face and it pops his head back good. Nice! That's a jab that'll earn respect.

He consistently rocks the bigger guy with solid right crosses to the gut - solar plexus.
    Last edited by Tom Yum; 04-26-2007, 07:04 PM.

thanks for the link

wow, just watch the whole thing. That guy was a really good fighter and he was alot smaller too. I sure wouldnt want to mess with him. Great fight, and after that last body punch, the Team Kimbo guy was done.
    Last edited by 7r14ngL3Ch0k3; 03-08-2007, 11:23 PM.

Comment

His body shots were impressive! I have to agree, he he threw even a few leg kicks that fight would have been over even faster.

Comment

Great body shot. I still feel that the most important thing to learn (striking wise) is to throw hard fast shots up the middle.

Comment

Nice change up, he played the high-low game really well. Feint high, go low...feint low, go high. There were plenty of openings for some leg and body kicks that might have ended it faster....but hey, he got the job done.

William

Comment

The kid's name is Jorge Masvidal and he's now the AFC welterweight champ and is fighting for BoDog-Fight. The big guy got worked by a pro MMA fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DJColdfusion View Post
              The kid's name is Jorge Masvidal and he's now the AFC welterweight champ and is fighting for BoDog-Fight. The big guy got worked by a pro MMA fighter.
              Bingo good job thats him alright...this fight was back when he was still an amatuer....if they fought now Jorge would take him in less then a minute...but i have to admit for a street fighter they other guy wasnt half bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JkD187 View Post
                Bingo good job thats him alright...this fight was back when he was still an amatuer....if they fought now Jorge would take him in less then a minute...but i have to admit for a street fighter they other guy wasnt half bad.
                In this fight, his fundamentals looks solid but he doesn't fight like a pro. In this particular video, his speed, foot work and technique look like what you find from a good amatuer fighter in most muaythai or MMA gyms.

The big guy fought decently considering he was just a street brawler; but I think he picked up some karate somewhere because he tries to land a couple of spinning backfists. Did you see that?
                Last edited by Tom Yum; 04-01-2007, 08:01 AM.

Comment

do "kimbo rules" even allow kicks? when he fought gannon the place erupted when he threw a knee.

Comment

Awesome video thank you for sharing it!

Just shows that skill is always better than sheer power.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Yum View Post
                      The big guy fought decently considering he was just a street brawler; but I think he picked up some karate somewhere because he tries to land a couple of spinning backfists. Did you see that?
                      i noticed he tried to set up some of his shots with kicks. mabye he had some training, or maybe he just picked it up from watching mma matches. who knows, but it was a good fight either way.

these underground kimbo fights are pretty entertaining.

Comment

btw, notice that despite how many barenuckle punches are thrown in these kimbo videos, their fists dont all break and shatter like some claim.

Comment

May not break, but it can hurt like hell.

I "took" a few hooks to the head by ducking my head during a drunk boxing match with a buddy. Didn't hurt me too much, but after the flurry, I saw him wince and clench his fists as if he'd hurt them. He didn't break them though.

On another note though...body shots work SO much better bareknuckled.

Comment

im downloading the movie, btw can someone explain to me whats a body shot, i never understood that quite good...

Comment

A body shot is, as the name implies, a punch thrown to the body. Targets people usually aim for are the solar plexus, kidneys, maybe the spleen, and the liver (or as Bas Rutten calls it, the Leever).

Comment

Working...
                              X