I am nervous as hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am nervous as hell...

Moments before I had felt a sensation filled with excitement, fear and bile. So far this summer besides sparring full contact once a week in Muay Thai or boxing, my training has been pretty lax. Instead I have been hooked up with a new workout partner to hit the weights. Today when I came into the gym, my trainer anounced with a slight grin that him, my friend and I would be FIGHTING in MONTREAL THIS NOVEMBER. Holy Shit, I am ****ing scared and excited at the same time. Master Suchart from Siam #1 called him up last weekend for fights in November and asked if he had any fighters. **** **** ****, my trainer told him that my friend and I were VERY good and so Master Suchart is going to set us up with TITLE shots after 2-3 fights. This is the moment I have been waiting for all this time, but I am frankly scared. My trainer had told me that we are definitely ready and if I can hang with him, then I will surely kick ass. He thinks that my fights will be very easy for me and my friend. My trainer is also coming out of retirement...starting tomorrow we train, my weightlifting is now at a end and are starting a new powerlifting routine and some shadowboxing. Next month, cardio will be thrown in, like running the hill and of course plyometric drills. Every Saturday will be devoted to going to Toronto to train at Siam #1. Pad drills and such will also be incorporated.

I hope this all comes through and I also hope my parents dont shit themselves. Cause I sure am...

Soon, I can finally call myself a "fighter" , something I have always dreamed about.
    Last edited by YeLLa-TiGeR; 07-30-2001, 02:55 PM.

Yella,right now I am happier than a faggot in a bag of ass for you. I am so proud. I know you are going to win that title. I have the utmost of confidence in you. You are a great fighter and an even greater person. I know you will win. Steven tears of joy are honestly filling my eyes. Please send me your address I have something for you I hope you like.....Josh

Comment

Thank you Josh, I just hope all things work out...my parents dont know yet! Remember like we always said? We would both fight someday. Me in M.T. and you in MMA. Thanks for all those times you gave me all that advice.

I forgot to add, it looks like the rules are no elbows but knees are allowed. NO SHINGUARDS OR HELMETS. My chin is going to get tested!

Comment

Yella you wont get chin checked your defense is to good. You know that. Please email me at bigbird@fightlink.com send me your home addy. I have something to send you. Talk to you soon champ.

Comment

Just mailed you! Check your mailbox!

Comment

Steve,
            i don't like the sound of this at all
            first off if youre trainer says you can do it i have faith in you, and i wish you all the luck.

but WTF! throwing you in at that level with out head and shin protection, sounds like a $$$ trainer to me.
            If you want a title fight after 2/3 fight's, you will have to fight a top contender in youre first fight, in a decent union.

ANd don't believe what promoters say. in the trent of "youre opponent is a beginner" or such shit
            i was suppost to fight a biggener in my first fight, and i got a guy with a 13-2 record what i found out after the fight

And what about that powerlifting shit?? youre 17. you will **** youre body up big time in that whay.

Train youre ass off like the champ you are going to be

Comment

by the way, i've bin training hard this summer also and being well trained get you lots of chicks on the beach.
              Another 3 phone numbers today for me

and big bird, how's life

shalom

Comment

Way to go! I'm sure you will show the true lethal powers of TKD to all the igorant non-believers
                But I think you should at least do a smoker sometime before your November match. You need the ring experience. It'll give you a big edge for your November fight. Don't just train to go in there and get your a$$ kicked just to say that you did it...train to fukking win! Ask your trainer to find a smoker match for you first. I think the Fairtex guys host them all the damn time. You'll also learn a lot by actually going to see some amateur fights as well. I'm sure that you are ready to fight if your trainer has that kind of confidence in you, but you also must face the fact that you've never been in the ring before and now you are looking in to go into some serious competition. There's a lot you need to learn if you want to be successful. I'm sure your trainer has real confidence in you, but still do not let yourself get too overconfident from his encouragement. One thing about this sport that you have to understand is that promoters have no other motivation than to get fighters into their ring, and that means that they'll say all sorts of stuff to hype a new guy up so that he'll fight for them. They're not always that concerned about how ready you are. They might not care all that much if you go in and get the sh!t beat out of you. As long as they have enough guys to fill their card and put up a decent enough show, they win! This is a good opprtunity and if you yourself feel up to the challenge, then go for it. But make sure you go in prepared and knowing full well what to expect. Go in with realistic knowledge that you can do well instead of blindly motivated confidence. Keep us posted and good luck with the training!
                Last edited by Maxximus; 07-30-2001, 04:15 PM.

Comment

i agree with max, get some ring experiance

Comment

This is an amateur fight. No money, just compensation for the trip and a little money for meals. I did think it was a little weird having no shin protection or headgear. Master Suchart just called my trainer last weekend and offered it and he decided he couldnt let this up. Funny, my trainer thinks this fight WILL be a "smoker" fight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by YeLLa-TiGeR
                      Funny, my trainer thinks this fight WILL be a "smoker" fight for me.

that's what i mean, never expect a smoker, and when you get paid (no mather how littel) it is not amuteur to me.

you should check youre muay thai union, for the correct rules

Comment

I just edited my last post and added a few more bits of thought to share with you.

BTW, what exactly do you mean that your trainer expects a smoker? You mean that he doesn't know you're going to be doing a no gear amateur fight? Just to be make sure we're clear, what I mean by a "smoker" is a type of beginning level (relatively safe) amateur fight type where you have headgear and shin guards and knees usually are not allowed. Its a great place to start for beginners who haven't been in the ring yet. What you learn from the smoker may make the difference between winning and losing in your serious fight...and its also a good gauge for you to judge whether you're ready to be fighting seriously so soon. It doesn't matter how many smokers you lose. They're just for experience and keeping the edge up. But for serious fights, you should always be training and preparing to win. Once again, good luck.

Comment

Ohhh...I thought the term "smoker" meant a beginner. The person who contacted my trainer is Suchart, my trainer's teacher, he will be training us all as well. He offered the fight but I have no idea how everything works. Tomorrow we outline everything and Maxximus you gave me good questions to ask for tomorrow. I will NOT be fighting without knowing every single detail, including the skill of the fighter that I will be facing. Your starting to scare me man...no real places to fight "smokers" around here, Muay Thai is ILLEGAL in Ontario and therefore I must fight in Vancouver, Calgary or Montreal.

Comment

hehe, don't get me wrong buddy! I'm not saying that you'll get killed or anything...didn't mean to scare you. You've been training hard and I'm sure you're more than prepared to start training for fights, especially since you were pretty skilled to begin with because of your background in TKD. I know you've been training hard and sparring hard so I don't think there's much danger of you getting seriously injured or anything like that. You'll take your fair share of bumps and bruises, your shins will definitely feel like crap for about a week and yes, there's the chance that you'll get KO'ed. But beyond that, the physical danger shouldn't concern you. You're young and strong and you're not a pu$$y. The only thing you need more experience for is so you can go in and do well! If you get outclassed and thrashed around for a bit or if you get knocked out, you'll still be going home in good health the next day with a cool new story to tell. There's nothing to be scared of. But you don't want to be that guy, do you? You want to go over there ready to win, or at least put up a good technically sound fight that you can be proud of. Of everything I've done, there's nothing I regret more than the times where I went in and got clobbered and had to endure seeing the other pr!ck raising his hands high above me, gloating. It annoys me because I didn't lose because the other guy was really better than me, but because I did not go in prepared to be able to do well and as a result, put up a sorry fight. It's okay to lose, everyone loses. That's why you always have to check your ego at the door before stepping in to fight. But you don't want to lose like THAT. I guess you could still be proud of the fact that you went in and actually experienced it, but so what? That basically gives you the right to say "I know what it is to get in the ring, and I found out that I suck and don't have the skills that I should." I personally hate that feeling. All I'm saying is that if you decide to fight, go in confident that you have everything it takes to bring home a victory

Comment

Best of wishes to you, Tiger....

Just trust in your tools and you can't go wrong, my friend........unless you happen to be Fred Ettish

Comment

Working...
                              X