No announcement yet.

Ask A Thug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For self defense in the street I practice straight blasts for striking: example 1-2 to the head like 3-6 times as hard and fast as you can or 1-2-3-4 two times as hard and fast as you can. Then come elbows, head butts and slamining the person into any wall, furniture ect.
    Look at the guys work out on the bag in the joint you see on tv, they just throw all head shots fast and hard without stopping because they want to do the most damage a.s.a.p. bam bam bam bam bam, you're done or stunned and on the ground being kicked in the face and stomped. Or think of how many mma fights where a good striker get's ko'd by a lousy striker who throws punches at wierd angles and not in the classic boxing/kicboxing way. So I think our training in boxing/ kickboxing/mma training falls short in some regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Wave Gym View Post
      The most common thing seen in the bar and on the street is the guy who hits first and keeps swinging for the fences usually catches the other guy and wins, both people try to grab each other and hit without getting hit, eventually someone either loses their ballance and ends up on the ground or someone puts the other person on the ground via a sloppy throw, or take down or tackle.
      absolutely the same, I described in the other thread. that's how it happens. they punch and grab each other, until one of them falls. then go the head kicks

I have zero confidence in my ability to win a street fight if attacked by someone who is skilled at street fighting and is a hard core criminal
      actually, it is a popular myth that criminals have their own street super style. all the criminals I know are training the same boxing, wrestling. actually, most are fighting a mix of boxing, wrestling. it is the most common street style. and I have no idea how good should be a criminal at fighting, if he can fight better then a professional, while still drinking every day

Comment

So I think our training in boxing/ kickboxing/mma training falls short in some regards.
        again, I disagree

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyo Kid View Post
          I've noticed in many of these threads there is a lot of hypothetical assumptions on the abilities or intentions of thieves, muggers, junkies, and other assorted low-lifes. Most of it is wrong. I guess it's mostly because much of the "experience" of self-defence instructors is based on what they see on television or movies, or what they learned from other martial artists.

One of the most tired assumption is "most street kids can't fight", and how they "will most inevitably throw a haymaker". Well you had better hope so, because if the lil' banger decides to loosen you up with a jab into a flurry of straight head shots, looks like all you got from krotty lessons is a set of comfy PJs.

Maybe I can help. I was once a thug. A petty thief. Gang member. Drug dealer. But just so we're clear on this, that was in the past, and I've payed my debt to society. So you can use this opportunity to learn, or you can waste it by tsk-tsking and finger-wagging.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
          do you buy it

this boy is a bitch

aahahaahahhahahahahahaahhaahahhahahaa

Comment

Originally posted by Tant01
            Yawn... He came here to HELP clear up the misconceptions associated with violence initiated by criminals, drug dealers and gang bangers. I have no doubt that a guy like him would OWN you and make you his virtual bitch boy.

aahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahaa

I would own that bitchass anytime

Comment

Three things aside from Martial art training that make these guys dangerous is one; deception. If they need to get closer than a drive by to kill you they will almost always use a trick to close the gap. To make sure your defenses are down before they strike.

Another is ambush. There is relatively little any of us can do when caught off guard by overwhelming force. And lastly they almost always have a weapon of some sort.
              this will never work if he is blind

Comment

Yawn... He came here to HELP
                that boy is a snitch

aahaahahhahahahaahhahaahhahahaahhahaahahahaha

Comment

violence initiated by criminals, drug dealers and gang bangers.
                  that have nothing to do with martial arts

Comment

I have no doubt
                    perhaps, if he will use deception, ambush, weapon. but since he would be blind, I would be just a random someone. do you think, I can't arrange a meeting at the place, where murder is impossible. you are naive

Comment

Make peace with your god
                      I am an atheist

Comment

and have a plan to kill anyone who crosses your path.
                        I am against killings

Comment

The truth is MMA is an empty hand sport. In some cases it will serve you well in a typical "street fight" Sadly it can also fall short regardless of the late great GRAND Master Helio Gracie's claim that BJJ is a bullet proof shield....

It's not.
                          it was said methaphorically, perhaps

Comment

I have no doubt
                            also, there are no dirty strikes when it is unarmed fight. when that bitchass is armed, that snitch boy deserves no fair fight. I have a lot of dirty tricks, that will flash him up in the croud, still leaving him blind

Comment

I have no doubt
                              then goes blind knockout, then go head kicks

Comment

Second warning on your 100th post?

I must like you?

Or something...
                                aahaahahhahahahaahhahaahahahahahahhaa

I knew you would red my reputaion

Comment