Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Chi/Ki?

Hey guys,

I'm usually stay very open minded about these things and so i neither believe nor disbelieve in chi/ki. I have found recently that i can create a strange feeling in my body at will. It starts near my stomach, and i also feel it in my legs. If i concentrate i can increase this felling. It feels kinda like adrenaline, except its not as intense. It flows round my body, and as it gets more intense, my body starts to twitch. It doesn't affect my heart rate, but i'm not sure whether this is chi/ki or if i'm just broken somewhere! Anybody know what this is?

No, thats the shr00ms... Duh!

Comment

theres a saying that circulates often in these forums:

"If your chi is not doing this:

then you HAVE no chi.
      -Confucious"

Comment

No seriously, i shit you not! I've read the other ki posts in this forum, so i know why you guys reply the way you do. But this is true. Sure it may not be ki, but some helpful feedback from someone other than you smartarse wankers wouldn't be too much to ask, no?

Comment

I think the general point us smartass wankers are trying to get across is-in this forum, we generally aren't really into this mystical stuff, and focus on the less superstitous, and much more likely real stuff.

Comment

yeah too bad i cant do a SONIC BOOM!or a HadouKen! in RL but i dont knoe man i dont realy belive in that stuff. but maybe you should just ask God. i asked him something once and he answered I think in a dream.

Comment

you my have fellt Ki. I wulde say that you traine that and try to do it in other parts of the body. Ki can be felled as warmt or some persons fell it as magnetic fields. I have expreince with it and with Kyusho that is much about Ki. If you felllike ask me anything plz send me a message.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteTiger
                you my have fellt Ki. I wulde say that you traine that and try to do it in other parts of the body. Ki can be felled as warmt or some persons fell it as magnetic fields. I have expreince with it and with Kyusho that is much about Ki. If you felllike ask me anything plz send me a message.
                um sarcasm riight?

Comment

nope no sarcasam...Havent you ppl fellt Ki before?..Or tested arts like Qi Gong or Kyusho?...Ki is real how strange it my seam. But if you think: o this will never work, it dosent work. Becouse its afektet by the mind.
                  Sry for the spellling.

Comment

I once read that it can be felt as a warm glow of contentedness (sp). I used to get a strange feeling after i trained (MA). I felt so happy and stress free and content. I did not have a care in the world and i was so relaxed. I don't get this feeling anymore when i train, whether it doen't happen or i've got used to it by now. That also could have been ki, it was however a completely different feeling than the one originally mentioned in this thread.

Comment

I would say of course you have Chi, with out it you would die (or so they say).

Some people translate Chi as blood, oxygen or energy.

When people perform Chi Gong, and find that after a few months of practice there hands start to warm up etc... this is because practicing Chi Gong improves yout circulation, hence more blood flows more effectivly to you hands, and since blood is at body temp, and more is passing through your hands. Your hands warm up, and also your body aswell. Practicing Chi Gong also enriches your blood with more oxygen which can lead to many things.

But IMO I haven't had enough experience to talk about Chi, and am confused to know why I am submitting this post.

Comment

that last thing I dont think is Ki. I just think its the muscels in youre body relaxing after training and that endorfines are streaming through youre body. I get that all the time to. But there are many Qi Gong and Kyusho exercises that do that you can feel Ki easyer and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreomeister365
                          theres a saying that circulates often in these forums:

"If your chi is not doing this:

then you HAVE no chi.
                          -Confucious"
                          Aaaaahhh: Ray's to infinity...

Try www.bodymindandmodem.com!

This is an aikido website explaining Ki as the mind(I think!?).

They say to extend Ki- meaning to be positive alway's, even in the most negative of sitution's: and when you realise hopelessness, to then realise that this is JUST/ONLY a negative attitude. The most negative of situation's is when you can actually develop this positive mind the most.

"...Strive toward's the light side and the power of the flow will keep them in harmony".(The poem of the Tao).

Someone showed me a "breathing exercise" involving imagining red ray's shooting out of your palm's...and they meet at infinity...NOW WHERE IS THAT AGAIN. I find this a good one for relaxation!!

This was obviously to develop the power of the mind...or maybe it was just to relax ..or maybe they are one and the same. HMMMMMMNNN

Comment

We learnt:-

The five element's of fighting are:

1. Kill (Sensitivity).

2. Maher (Stance).

3. Geng (Forward driving power).

*4. Sun (Correct Attitude).

5. Hay (Breathing).

Comment

Freedom

ok do this, calm yourself control your breathing get it in sync with your movements and center yourself, then bring your hands to just below your navel, then imagine a ball in your hands starting off really small, close your eyes and move your hands slowly upwards close to your body breathing in sync with the movements, then move the ball around slowly keeping everything i said in mind, then slowly expand the ball imagine a light comming from inside your stomach move it up into your chest then arms then hands then intot he space in between your hands making the ball, then expand the ball imagine it and step in coordination with the breathing going down into a lower stance,

thats called energy ball technique, thats a basic thing i have to go now ile teach you more soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X